The Statistical Office in Krakow specialises in the implementation of national tasks performed for public statistics as a whole in the fields of social economy, health and health care, culture, social assistance, foster care and rescue. Conducting activity in this area, it also cooperates with the relevant department of the Central Statistical Office for social surveys, performing the role of the substantive coordinator in these fields at each stage of work.
The Statistical Office in Krakow consists of the following specialised centres:
- Research Centre for Social Economy,
- Centre for Health And Health Care Statistics,
- Centre for Cultural Statistics,
- Centre for Social Assistance Statistics.
The general tasks of the specialised centres are to:
- coordinate and conduct statistical surveys,
- work on the use of administrative data sources for statistical purposes,
- co-operate with the relevant department of the Central Statistical Office for social surveys, among the others in the fields of: elaborating final information from statistical surveys and collective publications as well as initiating and participating in methodological works.